Wednesday, January 22, 2014

This day That Year - Jan 22, 2012

Today is our second marriage anniversary. Day before yesterday I was idling and reminiscing this day that year (2012) when I was all jittery thinking about my new life and thinking about the challenges of being a wife. No. I am not going to say now that it has all been rosy and all my fears were countered. I can definitely say that I have grown to a "woman" from a "girl". No. Keep your naughty thoughts to yourself. I have become a woman as in I realized how the new responsibilities will throw new challenges at me everyday and I actually had to mentally grow. I had no choice. I realized that I am no longer a "girl" who is lot pampered by parents, who rarely does the household chores and who doesn't even know what is what in the kitchen. I have realized the secret capability I possess to face the challenges though not always with a smile plastered on my face! I realized I ace at multitasking and that I love decorating my "home".  Home - The word always rises my spirits. How ever small or big it might be the first home at Gurgaon thrilled me. As I resigned my job I took my time to explore my hobbies , learn cooking , decorate the home in whatever possible way.

My husband being a great cook was a blessing. He is my teacher too. I developed interest in cooking only due to him and not due to my mum who is also a magical cook.The downside of it is I didn't feel like standing on the weighing scale for more than an year :-/ Like they say necessity is the mother of invention and when I started living away from parents I just had to learn cooking and surprisingly I was enjoying it too though it's not my hobby and I am not innovative like hubby! My husband unlike me can conjure a dish in no time. These two years have been a great learning period. I am not saying I am an expert now. The lesson I learnt in these two years is that marriage is a continuous learning process where one needs to inculcate qualities like patience , loving thy-self and also thy-partner no matter what kind of the day it is! Some days are sunny , some rainy, some too grey and some bright but all the days are etched in my memories! Before marriage I was scared thinking how will I like a stranger ? What reasons do I have for actually liking/ loving him ?

Strangely after 2 years of married life I like/ love him with out any specific reason! YES. I am shocked by my own words as it was and is always tough for me to believe in the "marriage and LOVE" concept. My brains might have intimidated (thoda self dabba chalta hai na :P ? )him but his sense of humor got me! In our very first phone call the very first thing I said to him breathlessly was , "I don't know cooking. I know just the basics."

He who scrutinized me well enough laughed in a silly way and replied ," Basics as in boiling water for tea?"

 I was speechless. I mocked anger and he coaxed me saying cooking is damn easy and as he knows cooking that should be my last worry. So the first demon which bothered me till that point of time vanished in to thin air! I was greatly relieved. Believe me it was a huge SIGH OF RELIEF. I loved the fact that he came all alone to meet me. I was scared about the relatives and the whole cast and crew who will bore their eyes in to me. The very fact that he too feels all the procedure quite embarrassing made me jump in joy. Those who would have gone through the arranged marriage ritual will understand what I am saying! We wrote a lot about each other on the wedding site but can't share the link as it is taken down now. We just have the keep sake Cds. When he gifted me secret of Nagas before wedding I was glad as he knew my taste. He doesn't read much but he makes it a point to read what I write and I for sure never sit on his head to make him read whatever I write but I for sure am going to make him read this one ! :)
My wedding Mehndi which I immensely loved

After getting Mehndi on hands. My haldi- Manja function

In the initial days of wedding , post the honey moon phase when the marriage actually started I was missing mom dad badly. He was one patient soul who understood what I was going through and always tried his best to cheer me up. Some times he gets disappointed as making me smile is a herculean task but as I can't see his drooping /dull /defeated face I always try and stay in high spirits.  I slowly got used to the new life, work , new challenges and all in all the two years have been a roller coaster ride. There were many ups and downs and some times valleys too but the most important point is that we were and are together in all of them!
Imran's first photo which I saw and shared with cousins / friends :) :)

I was not getting a job and was quite frustrated. Now I got a job but in Hyderabad and he is in Bangalore. I took the name of Allah and came to Hyd and for sure it is not rosy. I miss him like hell. This is the first time in my life when I realized that I AM PRETTY USED TO HIM. Well you can call it "Love" :D. I am so used to him that it is getting tough to stay at my parent's home. I know my mom will scowl (and secretly feel happy) when she reads this line :) I hope and pray that we both stay in the same city by mid of 2014 at least. This is the major wish I have this year :)

My status updates from 2012's Timeline ;) Gotta thank FB for this.



When ever I cook food for my self, I remember home :-|
When ever I try clearing the mess around I remember my mom!
Ya ya they say you should be a Roman when you are in Rome.
I guess wherever I stay in this world I will always miss The "Home"!!
Afshan


100 days !


Bachelorette bomb is ticking away!!! The wedsite says 01day:7hrs:13min:22sec!! Mixed feelings   :-|



Today Morning I woke up to a dream of lights , flowers and dazzle and heard every one talking about the same !!!  Gosh!! 4more days..Time realllllllllllly flies!

I again feel like a bride after writing and reading all this.I am still learning what marriage is and I know the whole life will fall short to excel in the institution of marriage :-) And now I will not bore you more. Below is the video I made for my wedding website. Have a good day! May GOD BLESS US and you all for blessing us ;)  (( Touch wood :)))


PS: Waiting for the weekend when we both will meet :)

52 comments:

  1. BABEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Congratulations indeeeeeeeeeeed!!!
    And it is adorable how you found such a genuine down to earth guy who loves to cook! Humour is an added gift!!!!!!!!!!!
    LOVELY!!!!!!!
    Look at that MEHENDI!!!! Gorgeous!! I just wish you posted a pic of u two instead of just him.
    :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @redHanded : Thanks Darlg !
      Do check the video . It has many pics where we both are together :D
      I loved that mehndi too though my hands and legs got numb :D
      Thanks for being the first one again to comment here ...

      God bless

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on the second anniversary of your marriage. Hope you celebrate the next 200 years the same way, very happily. He is a good looking guy. You are lucky. He is also lucky. You are also a good looking gal. Made for each other.

    What did you give each other anniversary gifts? Usually second anniversary gift is cotton. Buy a set of cotton sheets to make the bed really nice. It will come in handy soon. I am sure Allah the great will either transfer you to Bangalore or Imran to Hyderabad very very soon. I guarantee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cotton and handy ! :-o Whatever it is . Thanks though.
      I too wish GOD is actually watching me . I have nothing else to wish as of now
      And thanks a lotttt for ur 200years wish. Touch wood and have a grt time SG

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on your second anniversary, Afshan, to you and your husband. A good partner is a blessing, and two good partners are the key to a successful marriage. God bless you both.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cynthia !
      Your wishes do make me feel good always :)
      Thanks

      Delete
  4. Congratulations to you both! I do hope you will be back together even before 2014..it is sad to see lover ;) apart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shefali !
      I wish your wish absolutely comes true <3 Thanks a lot

      Delete
  5. Congratulations to both of you on your anniversary and may your marriage be blessed with love, joy and companionship always! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats dear on your Anniversary! ....
    Loved reading your post... got to see all the emotions you might have felt those days... May you guys have all the happiness in the world.
    :) :)
    Grow old more and more n love <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad that U loved reading it !
      THanks a lot Sheethal for lovely wish
      Love,

      Delete
  7. Congrats to both of you and many many more wedding anniv to celebrate. Loved your hennaed hands and legs.

    Two hands make a namaste
    two hands to clap
    two hands hold each other
    two hearts beating
    close to each other in unison.
    Mubarak ho!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was something lovely to say on the occasion of anniversary !
      THANKS Kalpana :) good to have U here

      Delete
  8. Happy Anniversary again and again...:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations once again, Afshan! God Bless you both! :-)
    Lovely video that is. What a beautiful collection of songs...loved it.
    And lucky you to have someone who loves cooking. :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya he loves cooking which gives me more time to write :D :P
      Thanks rekha ! ya video is my fav too :)

      Delete
  10. Congratulations on your second anniversary.....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Afshi, God bless you both and give all the joys forever! Congratulations!!! Your FB comments made me nostalgic about all the fun I had during your marriage :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Anniversary akka :) Wonderful feeling after going through ur story & the vedio is too good. I do wish for ur both success.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Shadab : THanks a bunch ! Yes Time can't turn back. I became very nostalgic too .

      @Vaishnavi : Thanks darling for caring to read and comment :) Wishes to u both too

      Delete
  13. Happy anniversary Afsan.The mehendi on your hands and legs is very cute. I loved the songs in the video. God bless you both!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Neeharika :) :)


      @Usha Menon : Thanks for the wishes and blessings... Ya that video was a hard work of about 7 - 10 days . Glad U liked it

      Delete
  14. How sweet is that! You are so young Afshan.
    I am posting my comment as Chal Pyaar Karegi Haanji Haanji plays softly in your lovely video. Great choice of songs.
    Wish you many many more years of togetherness.
    Dil se.Mwah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe. well ya may be am young but defntly am nto in 2012 :(
      anyway thanks a lot for reading !
      Mwah to u too. glad u loved the post

      Delete
  15. Happy anniversary afshu bhabi...and may your marriage be blessed with love,joy,and companionship for all the years of your lives:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy anniversary afshu bhabi...and may your marriage be blessed with love,joy,and companionship for all the years of your lives:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely!! Wishing you life long togetherness & happiness. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank U pooj for the lovely wishes :) I reciprocate the same!

      Delete
  18. Congrats! God Bless both of u! And ur mehandi looks sooooo good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shaivi !

      Ya That Mehndi was extra spcl . thanks for wishes :)

      Delete
  19. Lovely video Afshu :) 2 years ! I am sure you wouldn't have realized the time !!! Love you and God Bless You Both :) Wishing and praying for your sooner reunion:)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely video Afshu :) 2 years ! I am sure you wouldn't have realized the time !!! Love you and God Bless You Both :) Wishing and praying for your sooner reunion:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Shanu di ! 2 years were tooo swift !!
      Thanks for ur blessings/ prayers and wishes :)

      Love to all

      Delete
  21. I'm sure most of us were reminiscing about the good ole days of shared whispers, secret jokes and when he would go the extra mile to keep us happy, while reading your post.

    It's good to cling on to your individuality, your aspirations even when you are dying to be with him.

    Happy anniversary, love :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Purba for reading and commenting !
      Yeah dying to go back to bangalore. Hoping some thng works out ASAP

      Ya so many revived their own wedding after reading this !! Glad u liked it,

      Delete
  22. Afshu.... I'm pretty late in wishing you, but still accept my hearty congratz and I'll pray that the Lord brings both of you together asap.
    Take care


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. U r not too late
      Thanks a lot for wishes Bhavya ! Thanks for ur prayers. Need them more n more
      TC. wishes to u both too

      Delete
  23. Afshu.. Firstly Heartiest Congratulations for 2 years of married life and All the very best and God bless for the coming years of togetherness.
    You just refreshed my wedding moments... It was infact a lot different from what you experienced and felt.... but reading this I just saw you in my thoughts... :) God bless U dear... ummaahhh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THanks Manas !
      Every wedding has its pros and cons ! Anyway I was surprised to see ur comment

      Thanks a lot

      Delete
  24. Happy anniversary Afshan, you are so lovable...you deserve all the happiness on this world...May God Bless you both.
    Liked these words the most " I like/ love him with out any specific reason" , this happens. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ranjana.. Good to see u after long !
      Thanks for ur wishes

      Delete
  25. Hi Afshan - first time reading your blog and no better post to start with. I've explored various aspects of arranged marriage for my own blog so appreciate reading about this arranged marriage turned love story. Wonderful video and great guy - any guy who can cook (especially well) deserves a standing round of applause! Happy anniversary to both of you and looking forward to the movie version of this post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope U enjoy being here Vishnu !
      Thanks for reading the whole post ! Ya a guy who can cook is really somethng which makes the journey smooth atleast for me :)
      thank u keep reading

      Delete
  26. Congrats. Even we celebrated our second anniversary this month. Time really flies huh?

    ReplyDelete
  27. Happy anniversary :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks @evanescentthoughts :)
      Belated wishes to u too..

      Delete
  28. This is such a sweet post Afshan :) Loved it...actually loved the "love" dripping in every sentence and word, you wrote for Imran :)
    Wishing you both wonderful moments together, where the only word is "BLISS" !!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think about this ? I always love to hear back. A comment or a brickbat boosts me to write more but the mud slinging shall be promptly vacuumed.

Thanks for your time :)

"When God Spoke to Me!"

Is it for the love of God, you do what you do? Or is it your hunger to wake up something sleeping within you? What do you mean to do with th...