Thursday, January 9, 2014

The "You" and "Me" War!

This post made to --- > 

If I do a mistake I don't think twice.
If you do a mistake you are experienced and wise.
If I am used to something you call it a vice.
If you are used to something you say it is nice!

If I break a promise I am heartless and take you for granted.
If you break a promise you understand the situation and are sainted.
If I am judge-mental I probably don't know the world's way.
If you are judge-mental you know it all and hence you dare to say.

If you pass on an opinion you are true, frank and honest.
If I pass on an opinion I am rude, thoughtless and blankest.

For once If I were you, will you be me ?
For once if we shift our roles will we have a new way to see? 


If you cut jokes on others and mock them you love having fun.

If I cut jokes and laugh I am just not fair to that person. 
If you talk and talk and not listen to me, you have better things to speak.
If I talk and talk about me, my monologue is boring and may also reek!

If I shed tears uncontrollably, I am just being cynic and weak.
If you shed tears in fear and pain I should understand and you need no critique.
If you don't stay in touch and cannot talk to me you are just being busy.
If I have a reason for not talking to you, I am just acting and being lousy!

If you shut others mouth when you open yours you are speaking with heart.
If I try to open my mouth you think I talk with anything but heart and you retort!

For once If I were you, will you be me ?
For once if we shift our roles will we have a new way to see? 


PS: Feels good to write poems after so long :)

23 comments:

  1. Beautiful. If only those who judge had the guts to be you!!
    Loved this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow !
      Such a boosting comment. I feel too good to receive "THE FIRST" comment from u

      Delete
  2. Excellent poem.

    For once If I were you, will you be me ?
    For once if we shift our roles will we have a new way to see?

    Very thought provoking questions. In reality, on a serious note, no one wants to trade places with others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats true ! No one wants to trade places but if only traded once may be perspectives change.
      Thanks for reading as always

      Delete
  3. Awesome one, Afshan!! You stated it very well!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The tragedy of our lives. We justify our transgressions and complain bitterly when we are at the receiving end.

    Loved it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya what u told is like summary of my poem :)
      Thanks Purba for ur time and comment

      Delete
  5. good one! enjoyed reading it. usually pple are good advocates for their own mistakes and good judges for those of others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad U enjoyed !
      What a cool definition U gave to people's perspectives .
      Loved it too

      Delete
  6. hey loved those lines..!!..so true..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome! Loved it. Every single line has so much meaning and is so beautiful. Keep writing such poems, would love to read such beauties often :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading Reeema :) I am glad U found it bful !
      I would love to write more such poems. Thanks again

      Delete
  8. Beautifully written, afshan! Simple and meaningful. I am bookmarking it so that whenever I fall into judgment mode, I will refer to it! Exposes the hypocrisy of each individual well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Rachna. I feel so overwhelmed on hearing that U r bookmarking it ! While writing I was not sure to publish or not but now U made my day as I feel I Wrote sensible stuff :)
      thanks a bunch

      Delete
  9. Beautifully written, afshan! Simple and meaningful. I am bookmarking it so that whenever I fall into judgment mode, I will refer to it! Exposes the hypocrisy of each individual well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This post has been selected for the Spicy Saturday Picks this week. Thank You for an amazing post! Cheers! Keep Blogging :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome piece of poetry. Loved the angle and sure to connect with every reader.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Please do more!! Loved this one!!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think about this ? I always love to hear back. A comment or a brickbat boosts me to write more but the mud slinging shall be promptly vacuumed.

Thanks for your time :)

"When God Spoke to Me!"

Is it for the love of God, you do what you do? Or is it your hunger to wake up something sleeping within you? What do you mean to do with th...