|Sabrina Dhawan||script consultant|
Stars:Pankaj Kapur, Imran Khan and Anushka Sharma , Shabana Azmi, Arya Babbar
Trailers failed to draw me towards theater which showed a piyakkad Pankaj Kapur and Anushka who is coming out of the pond comfortably as if she is a mermaid showing her famous tattoo, the image of which was viral over the net , a UFO scene and our chocolate boy Imran Khan who tries his level best to look rough and untidy but still has chocolate flavor intact. In-spite of not getting attracted to trailers I went to the movie as I got positive feed back from few!
- The plus points of the movie are the silly comic tit bits like a flying UFO scene and the HARYANA tv reporter covering the news, where actually Mandola's copter crashes when he flies it after drinking Gulabo
- The CGI gulabo or the pink buffalo by Govardhan Vigraham breathes life in to the movie and I specially loved the below caption.
- Pankaj Kapur is the hero of the movie. He pulled off the role with ease and all the silly scenes seemed lively due to him. He is quirky , whacky , strong and looks like suffering from a dual personality disorder----when drunk and when sober.
- Anushka's last drunk scene is damn natural and makes you slightly emotional.
- Shabana azmi who played the role of chief minister of the state is good as always and gave a tough competition to Pankaj Kapur . She did justice to her role and the absurd scenes where she prays to rain god to stop rains and many more are laughable due to her. How ever her exit scene and her speech etc could have been much better.
- The opening song where there is a Khatra in every thing is funny and the message Cigarette smoking is injurious to health is rightly done
- If any Imran Khan fans are reading this please excuse me but this man is not made for these tough roles. He gulps when he has to deliver Haryanvi dialogues. Ajay Devgan or even Pratik Babbar would have done a better job.
- Pankaj Kapur's drunk accent has gone to toss. There were subtitles in many theaters it seems but unfortunately we didn't have that provision , hence I could not decode his slurry heavily drunk words fully!
- Bijlee was convincing in many scenes but she looked slightly artificial and over did in few scenes or may be it was meant to be like that , like the one where she runs baadal tum kahaaaaaaan ho and few more! Baadal was more convincing in that scene.
- Repetitiveness of Gulabo bhains scene
- The script is not intriguing as it is sluggish and goes haywire when you feel you actually may get absorbed in the movie. The capitalist is filthily rich with his hoardings all over the place but why and how he became rich is not at all shown or may be Bharadwaj felt its not necessary!
- The film needs hell lot of editing as the scenes are confusing highlighting the burning problems one minute and then diluting them altogether in the next and the scenes should also have picked up pace.